About QS ASIA
QS Global Network for Education and Careers
QS was founded in 1990 and steadily became the world's leading network for top careers and education. Our mission is to enable motivated people around the world to fulfill their potential by fostering international mobility, educational achievement and career development. Our targeted approach embraces:
- Focus on the best and most deserving candidates worldwide which includes motivated parents, school leavers, top university graduates, MBA students and alumni.
- Methods which include trusted research, fairs, conferences, guides, web tools and online solutions. As producers of the QS World University Rankings, we are the only independent education organisation that is truly 'raising the bar' of global higher education standards.
QS Asia organises the QS-MAPLE which has been launched in response to great interest from the international education community in holding a major annual forum on the lines of QS-APPLE – QS Asia Pacific Professional Leaders in Education Conference and Exhibition - that addresses the fast emerging globalisation of Middle Eastern higher education. The Asian near-equivalent of the US NAFSA and European EAIE annual meetings, QS-APPLE (www.qsapple.org) each year brings together approaching 1,000 international education leaders from over 40 countries. Both QS-MAPLE and QS-APPLE have the declared mission of helping to build world-class universities for Middle Eastern, African and Asia Pacific communities through global partnership and collaboration.
Our loyal, blue-chip client base includes:
- Over 400 leading business schools which include Wharton, Stanford, Chicago, INSEAD, LBS and IESE,
- Over 180 leading universities amongst whose ranks are Columbia, MIT, Duke, California, UCL, LSE, Imperial, Warwick, Edinburgh, Politecnico di Milano, Melbourne, National University of Singapore and Hong Kong University,
- Over 200 multi-nationals and regional recruiters including Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, AT Kearney, Bain, Eli Lilly, GE, Shell and, McKinsey.
Global partners are crucial in helping us to achieve such effective delivery. As well as major institutions and government bodies worldwide, over 300 different media work closely with us.
Our TV, newspaper, magazine and online partners include:
- International – CNN, Business Week, Wall St. Journal Asia, International Herald Tribune
- Asia – South China Morning Post, Japan Times, Bangkok Post, The Times of India
- America – Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Toronto Star
- Europe – The Times, Le Figaro, Handelsblatt, Expansion y Empleo, Corriere della Sera, Vedemosti, Millyet
For a full corporate view of QS, visit www.qs.com.
QS-MAPLE Organisational Structure
QS-MAPLE is owned and managed by QS Education Trust, the not-for-profit arm of QS Quacquarelli Symonds.
QS's permanent staff, based in Singapore and London, are responsible for the planning and implementation of the conference and exhibition. There is a stipended chair of the conference programme appointed by QS from the academic community, which plays a major role in the fulfilment of QS-MAPLE's objectives.